Let me start by saying: WHOA! How sexy do these look?!
This recipe is super simple and I made these burgers with no previous preparation; just used whatever I found in the cupboard. What in fact turned out to be one of the best veggie burgers I’ve ever tried so you guys just have to try it, too!
It’s also very healthy, no nasty ingredients here, so you can eat them with no feeling of guilt, which is why I enjoyed mine over a nice chilled beer 😀
Ingredients (serves 3 double or 6 single burgers):
For the patties:
- 2 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tin your favourite beans, drained (I used butter beans, but kidney beans would work great, too!)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp yeast flakes
- 100g flour (I used buckwheat flour)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- a pinch of salt
- chilli sauce/ketchup
- burger buns of your choice
- 1 sliced avocado
- fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- hummus from this recipe
- Start by steaming the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prepare a tray lined with baking parchment
- Put the potatoes together with all the patty ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- On the baking tray form 6 flat patties and put in the oven. Bake for a total of 40 minutes turning the patties after 20 min.
- Prepare the burgers by putting hummus on the buns first, then avocado, 1st patty, tomato, onion, 2nd patty, tomato, onion, chilli sauce/ketchup and coriander.
- Enjoy on its own or with a green salad and a cold beer! 😀