This delicious salad is perfect either as a main course or a side dish if you’re having a bigger meal. It’s light and makes you think of summer whenever you have it.
It is also very easy to make, especially if you already have some leftover hummus of falafels going out of date and you’re wondering how to best use them.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 handfuls of mixed leaf salad
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cucumber, slices
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted
- a handful of pomegranate seeds
- a handful of roasted pistachio nuts
- 4 falafels from this recipe
- 2 tbsp hummus from this recipe
for the dressing:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rose harissa (optional)
- salt and pepper
- If you don’t have hummus or falafels ready, start with making them first. Otherwise, in a saucepan heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil and add chopped aubergine and sliced pepper. Fry for about 10 min, or until the aubergine is soft. Take off the heat.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients, apart from harissa, and mix them thoroughly with a spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the leafy greens and spinach with half of the dressing and then plate on 2 plates, leaving a hole in the middle. Fill the hole with hummus and falafels. On top put tomatoes, cucumber, onions, olives, aubergine and peppers. Pour the remaining dressing on top and sprinkle with pistachios and pomegranate seeds. Finish with a dash of rose harissa.
2 Comments Add yours
This looks yummy!! I love all the ingredients that’s in it.
Thank you so much! I hope you’ll enjoy it! 🌈🌱