Who doesn’t love Nutella? I mean, what can be better than creamy, nutty chocolate on a warm, crispy toast in the morning?
It’s supposed to be for kids, but come on, you all know that adults love it even more and kids are just an excuse. I bet you don’t eat it everyday though, because it’s fatty, sugary, unhealthy, non-vegan, etc.
Well guess what!
This one isn’t!
This homemade nutella is sugar free, the only fat comes from real nuts and it’s 100% vegan, so you can eat it every day without guilt, although I bet you’ll finish it all on day 1.
And most importantly, it’s dead easy, you make it in 15 minutes and it only requires 4 ingredients!
Ingredients (1 medium jar):
- 200g raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 3-4 (or to taste) tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put the hazelnuts on a baking parchment and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until the skins start coming off and the colour turns into golden. Be careful not to leave them for too long not to burn them.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Then put the nuts in a kitchen towel and roll around with your hands to remove the skins. Try to remove as much as possible, it will never be perfect, but it should take some time.
- Place peeled nuts in a food processor and blend until hazelnut butter is formed, which should take 6-8 minutes.
- Add salt and cacao powder and blend until smooth.
- Add maple syrup and mix thoroughly. By this point the nutella should be quite firm, however if you prefer it more liquid, you can add a couple of spoons of almond milk and mix it through.
- Transfer into a jar and store in room temperature for up to 2 weeks, alternatively you can store it in the fridge for up to a month.
One Comment Add yours