These indulgent ice cream bars are perfect for summer! They are creamy and crunchy, sweet and slightly salty, coated with a thin layer or crispy chocolate. Simply beautiful!
They are quite similar to the Vegan Snickers Bars from the blog, but more refreshing and summery, so definitely a perfect substitute for hot weather!
They are easy to make, although you need to wait a little until they are ready, but trust me, it’s so worth it!
You need to start the preparation a day before you want to eat them, but then you can store them in the freezer and enjoy for the whole summer, although I doubt there will be any left after 1 day.
You will need (makes 10-12)
For the ice cream layer:
- 200g cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50ml almond milk
- a pinch of salt
For the caramel layer:
- 18-20 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- 100 ml water
- 2 handfuls salted peanuts
For the chocolate layer:
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- To make the ice cream layer put the soaked and drained cashews in a food processor or high-speed blender, add maple syrup and water and blend until smooth. Then add the frozen bananas and a pinch of salt and blend until completely smooth mass forms (this will take a few minutes). Transfer the mass into a medium rectangular plastic container and freeze overnight.
- The next day take the whole block of ice cream out of the container and slice it into 10-12 bars. Place the bars on a tray and put back in the freezer.
- To make the caramel, put all the ingredients apart from the peanuts in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth caramel forms (again, this will take a few minutes).
- Take the ice cream bars out of the freezer and put a layer of the caramel on top of each bar, then put back in the freezer.
- To make the chocolate layer, heat the chocolate and the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat until all melts into a smooth mass.
- Take the tray with the bars out of the freezer and put a layer of peanuts on top of each bar, then drizzle with chocolate and put back in the freezer. Wait 2 hours and you Ice Cream Snickers Bars are ready!