This pasta makes a quick and delicious midweek dinner. The pesto is very easy to make and goes really well with mushrooms and courgette but you can add any other veg you fancy.
For non-vegans, this pasta would also go really well with prawns.
The best thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to cook the sauce, which normally is the longest process.
It really is very easy and so delicious!
- 1 avocado
- 100g cashews + 1 handful cashews to sprinkle on top
- 1 clove garlic
- handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 big mushrooms, chopped
- 6 asparagus,
- ½ courgette, shaved
- 150g linguine
- salt and pepper
- To make the pesto, put avocado, cashews, garlic, basil, olive oil and water into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packaging.
- While the past is boiling, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add chopped mushrooms. Cut the courgette in half lengthwise and shave into thin strips. Add to the mushrooms and fry for 3 min.
- In a grilling pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and grill asparagus for 3-5 min.
- Mix the cooked and still hot past with the sauce and add mushrooms and cougette strips. Mix and serve with asparagus on top, sprinkled with chopped cashews and a drizzle of olive oil.