This is most definitely my favourite way of baking potatoes! They look so cool and taste absolutely amazing! You can eat them as a side dish or have them playing the main part with a salad or some veg alongside. The addition of garlic & parsley pesto in combination with the sweetness of the potatoes makes them taste so good you will never want to have your potatoes any other way!
Ingredients (serves 5):
- 5 medium sweet potatoes *
- olive oil
- 50g cashew nuts
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 50ml water
- salt and pepper
* When choosing your potatoes make sure you pick ones that have quite regular, long shape and that can lay on one side steadily.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the potatoes and cut off any bits that stick out. Prepare a chopping board and two wooden spoons or bigger chopsticks; you will need them to stop the knife from cutting through the potato. Put them along each side of the potato and start slicing thinly and evenly across the potato. Once you have sliced all potatoes, place them in a baking dish.
- Put 5 tbsp. olive oil in a blender, add cashews, parsley, garlic and water and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and spread half of the sauce on top of them making sure it gets between the sliced layers. Cover the dish with foil and put in the oven. Bake for 60 min. Then take out of the oven, remove the foil and spread the other half of the sauce on top of the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 more minutes without cover.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!