All I have to say here is that these are amazing and you have to try them! They are sweet, fluffy, delicious and highly addictive. They are a perfect lazy Sunday breakfast.
For the dough:
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1 packet instant yeast (7g)
- 420g plain flour, sifted
- 4 tbsp Demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp margarine
- a pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp melted margarine
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Demerara sugar
For the icing:
- juice squeezed from ½ lemon
- around 1 cup icing sugar
- Put the milk in a saucepan and warm it up slightly (heating it up too much will kill the yeast). Put the yeast in the milk and mix it, leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Melt the margarine and mix it with sugar.
- Put the flour in a big bowl, add the milk and yeast mixture and melted margarine with sugar. Start stirring with a spoon and when the dough is too thick to stir, start kneading. Keep kneading for 10-12 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil and leave aside for 1,5 hour to double the size.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead for a couple of minutes. Separate the dough in two parts and roll out each of them into big squares. Brush with melted margarine and top with sugar and cinnamon.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough. Then cut it into 2 inch rolls and put in a buttered tin, making sure you leave spaces between them.
- Put the tin aside for 45 min to let the rolls grow a bit more.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Brush the top of the rolls with melted margarine, put the tin in the oven and bake for 15-20 min until golden.
- Make the icing by mixing lemon juice with icing sugar until white and thick and frost the top of the rolls.
2 Comments Add yours
These look tasty!
Thank you BeaFreitas! They are really delicious and easy to make! 😋😊
LikeLiked by 1 person